Happiness boosters. Load it on…
1. Stay here. The pure and simple thing about happiness is that it’s here and now. We get caught up by our mind in remembering the past and imagining the future. We miss the moment we’re living in.
2. Get immersed. Multi-tasking gets talked up and touted out as the prime goal and revered mode of operation. But when it comes to fully experiencing our happiness, immersion in the moment and staying present is key. Practice mindfulness.
3. Breath deeper.Deep breaths bring balance to the nervous system.
4. Love yourself. Do what’s right for you, not what other people want you to do. Listen to your essential self.
5. Let yourself be unhappy. It’s strange but true: when we stop labeling an experience, the experience changes. Drop the “this is terrible” thought-label and go to the body physical sensations. Don’t label. Explore.
6. Ask yourself: “What’s perfect about this moment?” There are moments that challenge us, that distress us, that can cause us to question the foundation of our world. In these moments, our perspective changes everything.
7. Don’t avoid stress. Believing we need to always avoid stress impacts how we view stress—as something too much for us to bear. It undermines our confidence that we can manage whatever life throws at us. It means we’re less likely to step out of our comfort zone. We’re less likely to take the steps we need to take to do the things we really want to do; things that scare us.
8. Practice acceptance: “In this moment, I accept everything. I accept my body. I accept my personality. I accept my thoughts. I accept my circumstances and this situation. In this moment, I accept everything.”
9. Build memories. Study show that when we spend money on experiences, rather than on stuff, we’re happier.
10. Ask yourself this question: What makes me deeply and uniquely happy? And then do those things.
Registration for March’s 30-Day Happiness Challenge opens in the morning Weds, Feb 26 PST. Sign up today to be invited to join.
Thinking of you,
Leave A Reply