it’s all good. 7 things people are really surprised to learn about me
September 29, 2015
This woman said it
A while ago a soft and gentle woman told me how she’d first come to notice me and what I do: we were in dance classes together. And, she told me—I just seemed so annoyingly happy. It drove her nuts. She was totally irritated.
And then one day she thought: “Actually, I want some of that.” So she hooked up with me on Facebook and signed up for the monthly uplifts. And then one day, she came to one of my workshops—and told me that story.
7 things people are really surprised to learn about me
For this woman and others: Things people don’t know about me and are always surprised by:
1. I often wake up fiercely cranky. I don’t like talking to people before 8:30 am. If you see me out on my morning jog or walk with a big smile on my face it’s because I’m so happy to be out by myself not talking to anyone.
2. Even though I consider myself a feminist, as soon as I got married I stopped doing anything with the car. I don’t even think I’ve put gas in it for over two years.
3. At least once a week I wake up between 3 and 4 am to worry—this takes me through to 6 am, when my alarm goes off and I finally relax about needing to go back to sleep and begin to feel sleepy again. I get up and go for a jog. On these mornings, I’m not smiling.
4. One of the things I lay awake worrying about is that the book I’m finishing will completely suck, and no one will read it.
5. Another thing I lay awake worrying about is that the book I’m finishing will be amazing, and lots of people will read it, even ones I wish wouldn’t.
6. If I don’t eat six times a day, I turn into a monster. Those T-shirts that read ‘I’m sorry for what I said when I was hangry’?—I should get that emblazoned on my forehead.
7. The morning after my birthday, I eat chocolate cake for breakfast.