are your upper level limits holding you back? get more fulfillment, abundance, success and love
June 13, 2017
I have a hunch this is you…
If you’re reading this, I have a hunch you are someone who dreams of a more fulfilling, free life. Where you feel like you are doing what you love, what fuels your soul. When you think of it, you may also see this life filled with abundance, success and love.
You might also be experiencing this:
Have you been making the same income year after year–with no upswing? Do you feel like each time you ‘get ahead’ or have something good happens, you end up back where you were before? That the positive shift is temporary, or too small to really make a difference?
If you do, I have a hunch you’re in need of a paradigm shift. Because your upper level limits are holding you back.
Do you want more abundance, success and love?
Here’s the bad news: the problem is you.
And here’s the good news: the problem is you.
It was me, too.
The problem was me
I dreamt of a life filled with fulfillment, freedom, abundance, success and love. And reality looked like: 10K in earnings in a year, 7K credit card debt, and struggling to be and do what I wanted to be and do.
Today, I have 10K and 20K months, I do what I choose and what I love, and I catch myself thinking “I can’t believe it can be this good” time after time. That’s what the ‘Thank You’ picture is about—above.
Please know that this wasn’t without work or what felt like really big challenges that I met along the way.
Upper Level Limits
One of the biggest and most recent were spotting and transcending my own Upper Level Limits.
This term is one coined by a powerful coach and teacher named Gay Hendricks. Hendricks teaches that we all have an upper level limit—on the amount of love, abundance or success we’re comfortable receiving. Or feel worthy of.
It can be so strong that when we receive anything—whether it’s an opportunity, a loving partner, or more money—that’s better or more than we are used to, we’ll do something to get back to the limit we’re used to. And comfortable with.
– We might start making more money, but spend an amount that keeps us in debt.
– We might not start making more money at all, because we are unaware that we’re carrying around a misunderstanding that we don’t deserve it.
– We might meet a loving, kind partner—everything we dream of—but find that we pick fights or look for things that might be wrong with this person.
– We might get the job or position of our dreams, and then find that we’re battling colds or being sick all the time.
What do you do about this?
1. Start by stretching. Ask for more money. Go for that position. Take on a side gig that lights you up. Say ‘yes’ to something that feels like it’s happening before you’re ready.
If this feels too big—simply start by imagining doing these things.
2. Listen deep. When you do this, start listening—to the chatter from your mind, your Small Self. If you spot anything like “You can’t do this. You’re not ready. It’s not possible” you’re coming up against your Upper Level Limit.
Underneath all of these is usually a bigger self-doubt: “Do you really deserve this?”
I’m here to tell you that yes, you absolutely do. As you are.
3. When you spot this inside yourself, try this process based on a teaching from USM: “I forgive myself for buying into the misbelief that I can’t do this. I forgive myself for judging myself as not ready. I forgive myself for buying into the misbelief that it’s not possible.”
Then ask: “What would love say? What’s true?” And listen deep.
What’s true is: You deserve it. All of it. As you are.
For me, it took a commitment to my own personal growth and a steady practice of working through my own upper level limits to shift this. I’m so thankful this is something I do regularly now.
Right now, I’m clearing space in my calendar for conversations about how to do this in your own life. This time with me is complimentary and not for everyone. Big things can happen when people sit with me. Greater fulfillment, freedom, abundance, success and love can result. I don’t offer this to just anyone. If you want to apply, the application form is here. I’m accepting applications until noon PT on Monday, June 19.
Leave A Reply